Connect with us

Latest Posts

Potential mass shooting at Texas homecoming football game thwarted after police receive tip




Police said a tip helped them stop a possible mass shooting at a high school football game in Texas and led to the arrest of two 18-year-old men.

Brandon Gibson and Isaac Cooper were arrested Friday after authorities stopped traffic on a car bound for an Everman High School game. Everman Emergency Services said in a Facebook statement that an AR pistol and a 60-round magazine were found in the vehicle.

The department said it was clear the suspects were “coming in to do mischief.”

The Tarrant County Sheriff’s Office deputy received information about a “credible and imminent threat” in the match. The tip included information that someone was on the way to the game “with the intent to use a firearm obtained earlier” that day, according to Everman Emergency Services.

Everman Joe C. Bean High School in Everman, Texas.  (KXAS)

Everman Joe C. Bean High School in Everman, Texas. (KXAS)

There was already a heavy law enforcement presence in the game and additional law enforcement authorities were dispatched after the tip arrived.

Everman Police received information about a suspicious vehicle and saw the vehicle in question near the entrance to the stadium. Officers stopped traffic and arrested Gibson, Cooper, and another person in the car.

The third person, an unidentified 14-year-old boy, was released to his parents, according to NBC Dallas-Fort Worth.

Everman’s emergency services said the deputy’s swift actions and police officers may save lives.

“Their actions prevented any kind of accident in the match. After this incident, there was no further threat to those who attended the match,” the management said.

About 1,500 people were present, Tarrant County Sheriff Bill Wyburn told NBC’s Dallas-Fort Worth network.


The station reported that Weyburn told reporters that “everything went well” and that a potential tragedy had been averted.

He said: “It would have been a nightmare for a mass shooting there with possibly several people seriously injured or killed.”

The Everman Independent School District also thanked the authorities.

“We are very grateful and appreciative for the support, protection and swift action taken by police on Friday night,” Superintendent Felicia Donaldson said in a statement.

“As always, safety is the district’s number one priority, and prior to this incident the district had measures in place to help ensure safety at our games, such as increased police presence, metal detectors, no bags, student ID required to enter, and must Students are accompanied by an adult. We will continue to implement these measures and increase the police presence even more at our events.”

The motive remains unclear. The school district said in a statement that it was believed that “someone was coming to shoot someone at the match.”

Gibson and Cooper are being held in the Tarrant County Sheriff’s Office. It is not clear if they have obtained lawyers who can speak on their behalf.

The sheriff’s office said the defendants face several criminal charges, according to NBC Dallas-Fort Worth.

This article was originally published on


Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.



Copyright © 2022 Theme by The Nitesh Arya.